This article will show you how to search, sort, filter, create, and save different contract views with the contract page.
It contains the following topics:
- Filters search in your contracts
- Sorting options for your contract views
- Views, imports and contracts sidebar options
- Contracts search
Filters search through folders and their subfolders
You can apply different filters based on contract attributes on each of your contract views in Contractbook.
- Status: you can pick a specific status (draft, pending, signed, rejected, changes requested, not relevant) and filter to show only contracts with this or different than this status:
Created on: choose a specific date of creation from the list and apply one of the following filters for the listed documents in the tabular overview:
- Created before the chosen date
- Created after the chosen date
- Created between this and another date
- Created on: choose a specific date of creation from the list and apply one of the following filters for the listed documents in the tabular overview:
Fully signed on: Pick the exact date of the complete signature from the list and add any of the following filters:
- Signature date is the exact chosen date
- Signed before this date
- Signed after this date
- Signed between this and another custom date of your choice
- Signed date is empty - this usually applies to external uploaded files that do not contain the date of completed signature and were normally not signed in the app
- Signed date is not empty - all documents that have a signature date
- Fully signed on: Pick the exact date of the complete signature from the list and add any of the following filters:
Renewal date: select a date from the list under this filtering option and add any of the complimentary filters to this data field:
- The renewal date matches the date you have selected
- The renewal date is before the date you have chosen
- The renewal date is after the date you have selected
- The renewal date is empty
- The renewal date is not empty
- Renewal date: select a date from the list under this filtering option and add any of the complimentary filters to this data field:
- Use each of these filters in combination with others, and delete them at once when you do not need them anymore.
- You can always delete only specific filters while keeping others:
- The filtering options provide very easy-to-prioritize contract data, enabling quick reminders creation and tracking of the most valuable insights.
- You can sort all your contracts by applying specific criteria.
- You can choose between several sorting options and combine them with filters.
- Each sorting category can be shown as "ascending" and "descending" in the contract view:
Here is the list of available contract sorting options:
What is the difference between "views," "imports," and "contracts"?
Views sidebar section
When you use the "views" section of the sidebar, you will visit a list of all the contracts you can access and will be allowed to create customized views with filters and criteria presented in the view columns. The views can be applied to all private contracts, contracts from shared, and your team folder.
Imports sidebar option
You can enrich any of your signed contracts with the power of data and metadata fields by utilizing the new AI import feature.
Read more about the benefits of its usage and our plans, which include it, here.
Contracts sidebar option
Everything under the "contracts" sidebar section consists of your own private folders, shared folders, and the team folder.
You can always create new private folders by clicking on the plus icon next to the "My contracts" view:
When using the folder column in your contract view, you will be able to open the respective folder by clicking on its name:
Creating custom views
- You can create new customized contract views under the default view called "all contracts" by clicking "add a view" and completing the criteria for its scope.
- Alternatively, you can start by applying filters, selecting contract criteria for the columns, and saving as a new view from the button in the upper right-hand corner of the page:
- Each column in the custom view you create can be justified, hidden, moved, or replaced by a different than the default columns. All edits you apply will be automatically saved in the view for future use:
Saving filters to custom views
- After creating a new view, you can apply different filters and additional criteria to them.
- To keep the view updated with all additional filters, click "save filters" once your selection is complete:
OCR and search
- You can search for specific keywords, party or signee details, data or metadata fields, and other details from your contracts.
- The Advanced Search ability in Contractbook applies both to native and uploaded files.
- Date extraction allows you to add automatic tasks and reminders to the most important deadlines in your legal agreements.
If you still need additional information or assistance, reach out to us at any time by contacting our Support Team.