How to upload already signed documents to storage?
You can use Contractbook to upload already signed contracts or any other important files for safe storage. You can also add an additional data to your files such as signature status, signature date, and signees.
Once uploaded, all your legal documents will be scanned by our OCR feature which allows you to use our enhanced full-text search in the same way you would do for any Contractbook-native document and extract future dates from the text.
- Go to your Documents tab under the My documents main folder. Here you will find a button called New document at the upper right-hand side of the screen:
- After clicking the button, you will be able to Upload documents that you want to store on your Contractbook platform. You can either upload one or multiple files at a time by holding down ctrl and then selecting each of the files you want to upload simultaneously:
Review and add information
- Now you can review the details of the uploaded files, enter a document title, set a signature date, add contract parties, label it as Signed if necessary, and add tags to it:
- The Contract Parties you list in the respective field must be defined by email address and separated by a comma
- Be aware that Parties listed on your stored contracts will work as labels, and will not provide them access or add them as Signees
- No notifications for the uploaded document will be sent to the Parties you list in this step
- When you click on Save or Save all in case of a bulk upload, the advanced OCR technology will start automatically scanning all files:
- The system needs some time to process the uploaded documents in order to make them searchable and detect any dates and will notify you once the documents have been scanned. Usually, it takes up to 2 minutes for a document to be completely scanned.
- Once the process of scanning is finished, the uploaded contracts will be found under My documents along with the rest of your Contractbook-native documents.
- If you have selected Status Signed while uploading the document, it will be marked with a green padlock icon in the overview:
Can I upload contracts to another account?
To increase your team cooperation you can also upload documents directly to other accounts.
After clicking on Upload documents to storage simply choose Upload to another account at the top of the pop-up window:
This will lead you to a pop-up window where you can enter the email addresses of the recipients and customize your message to them.
You can add as many recipients as you need. The uploaded files will then be automatically shared with their Contractbook accounts. In case they do not have an account yet, they will be invited to create a free Recipient Contractbook account.
Before uploading the contract, you will have the option to keep document access:
It takes only a few seconds to get all your legal work documents stored safely in one location.
If you still need additional information or assistance, reach out to us at any time by contacting our Support Team.
Please sign in to leave a comment.