Changing the account email address on free plans
- Your email address is part of the signature, and the phone number on all contracts signed from your profile.
- For this and several other security reasons, you cannot change the email address associated with your Contractbook account.
- To use Contractbook with a new email address, contact our support team for assistance with an email address change.
What can I do with the signed contracts on my old profile?
In regards to the signed contracts that are stored on your old profile, you have the following options:
- If you do not need regular access to your already existing contracts, you can choose to keep them stored on your old profile. This is the most straightforward workaround.
- However, it can lead to problems accessing your contracts if you forget your password or no longer access the old email address.
- Download all your signed contracts from the old profile and upload them to the new profile.
- This is the best option for regular access to your old contracts.
- Read more about how to upload your old contracts to Contractbook here.
- Use our direct share option for each contract you want to share with your new Contractbook account.
- You can allow the Full access type of permission to make the new account the complete owner of the contracts.
- Create a shared folder on your new Contractbook account and invite the old profile.
- Then, add your signed contracts to the shared folder.
How can I move all templates from my old profile to the new one?
- If you have templates on your old account that you want to keep using, you can easily send them to the new profile.
- Alternatively, you can add them to a Shared Space and share it with the new account.
Changing the account email address on paid plans
If you are on a paid plan with us, you can contact our customer support team and we will assist you with a direct email address change.
To do that for you, we need the following:
What do I need for a direct email address change?
- Make sure that your new email address is not yet used in Contractbook.
- If the new email address you want to use has been used in the app, you first need to delete it from your profile settings - here are the steps.
- If a domain change in your company causes the change, please prepare the full list of users who will be affected by the change.
- Send us the complete list of old and new email addresses that you need to use in Contractbook from now on.
- Ensure that everyone who needs to start using their new email in Contractbook still has access to the old email's inbox.
- The confirmation of this change is done through the old email inbox.
What do I need after the direct email address change is completed?
- After changing the email address associated with your profile, we need you to ensure that all pending contracts initially sent to the old email address are edited and resent to the new email address.
If you need additional information or assistance, reach out to us at any time by contacting our Support Team.