The right to view another team member's documents is fully managed by the team owner on a user level. The only documents that cannot be shared neither with the team owner, nor with the rest of the team, are the ones belonging to team viewers.
What permissions does the team owner have?
The team owner has the right to:
- View all team members' documents such as drafts, contracts, or uploads
Not only view team members’ drafts but also perform the following actions as a draft editor:
How to add permissions to members and viewers?
If the team owner needs to add specific access to another team member's documents, this can be done from the Team tab:
2. Press the blue button called Add permissions to the right of the name of the member/viewer:
3. Use the search bar to find the accounts the member or viewer should have access to. You can search via email address of name:
4. Press Enter or select the user from the suggested list by entering their name or email address to assign the needed permissions. The suggestions will include all members and viewers who are already invited to join your team, including yourself as the owner.
You have now given the listed permissions to the team member or viewer. The user can view all documents owned by their teammate.
How to remove permissions to members and viewers?
1. Go to the Team tab and find the team member or viewer whose permissions you want to revoke.
2. Press the blue button called Add permissions to the right of the name of the member or viewer:
3. All already granted access rights for the account will be listed in this view. Click the X sign which will be available to the right of the member's email address.
This will revoke access to their documents for that specific member or viewer you are editing the permissions for:
Note: Nobody in a team can access the documents of a team viewer. This means that neither the team owner, nor any of the team members can gain access to a team viewer's documents.
How to see the team documents?
Now that your team has been granted the right permissions for document access, how can you locate the team's documents? Read more about the Team documents folder and learn how it works here.
If you still need additional information or assistance, reach out to us at any time via our Online Support Chat or by sending us an email.