What is a good contract?
How do you make sure to stay inside the boundaries of the law in your legal documents?
Here is a short excerpt from our e-book on the subject:
A good contract:
- includes at least one promise and commits the parties to comply with it.
- is formulated clearly with short and active sentences. Nothing is intentionally hidden and there are no footnotes.
- describes only one rule per sentence.
- is set up with clearly divided sections and headings.
- considers the essentials. By this, we mean what must be realized and what will be unfavorable if realized.
If you would like to read more about how we define a good contract you can download our e-book The good contract here.
You can also find much more to explore and learn from our ebooks.
Free knowledge, thought-leadership, and business insights. We update the library regularly with new content so be sure to check back often.
Does Contractbook offer legal advice?
If you would like your contract looked over by a professional, we can assist you by putting you in touch with one of our partner law firms. We are unfortunately not able to provide legal assistance ourselves. To be put in contact with one of our partner law firms send us a message here.