Our drafter is a questionnaire you can use on your own in Partner Tools. Your clients answer questions, and legal documents are generated based on their answers.
When you have access to the portal, you can log in to the Partner Tools admin panel and use its interface to create a new user for your team, a new questionnaire, or a category.
Moreover, you can use the admin panel to manage users, categories, and your general drafter questionnaire settings.
In this article, we will guide you through the creation process of a Drafter questionnaire.
How do I log in to Partner Tools?
- You can log in to Partner Tools via this link
- Type in your email address and the password associated with your account. If you are in doubt about your login credentials, ask your implementation specialist about that.
- You will now enter the landing page of the Partner Tools Admin Panel - the environment we have designed for you specifically for the creation of your own questionnaires.
How do I create a new questionnaire?
- Click on the blue button called New questionnaire, which is located under the Company questionnaires section of the landing page, following right after Users
- In the pop-up window you can set up the following details of your new questionnaire:
- Start with typing in the title which will for example describe shortly the essence of the questionnaire
- Select a language from the drop-down list (English, Danish or Norwegian) for the questions which you want to include
- Select whether the questionnaire should be with the Public or Private visibility rule:
- Click on the blue button called Create to confirm the settings.
- This will automatically lead you to a new page where you will be able to start creating your new questionnaire from scratch. There will be two different tabs on that page: Questionnaire and Templates.
The following steps in this article can be executed under the Questionnaire tab:
NOTE: If you want to get access to the preview function of the questionnaire which allows you to see how it will look like for an end-user who will fill it in, just click on the small eye icon located on the right-hand side of the screen, under the title of your questionnaire.
From the page you will be redirected to, you will be able to test the questionnaire by filling in its fields:
- To start the creation process, you first need to create a new page. In order to do so, just click on the Questions Page located under the Start page on the left-hand side of the screen. Each questions page you will create represents an individual section in the questionnaire. Within the Questions page, you can now add different types of questions (depending on the type of input or selection) and question groups which allow you to assign multiple questions to a particular group by simple drag and drop. To add any of the above, just click on the Add new button within the questions page you want to include them:
- To achieve the best final result, you can structure your questionnaire by adding all question pages, groups, and individual questions you need to ask the recipient in order to get all the data input needed from them for the final document.
How do I change the default setup of the questions?
Once you have created an individual question or a question group under a specific questions page, you will have the option to control their settings by moving from Create to the Options tab associated individually with each question.
How can I use the Options tab for questions in Partner Tools?
The options which can be applied to a question or questions group are optional and allow you the following customizations:
- Add a question description: a description will be displayed above a question component in the section it belongs to. You can define the description and choose to hide a question title by clicking on the field below, under other options.
- Add a tooltip: in this section, you will be able to embed a youtube or any other external video (by adding its link) to the question you have composed. This will serve as an extra hint to the question, or an additional instruction video that might be helpful to the understanding of its essence
- Check off the required field of the question: by default all the questions you add to your questionnaire will be required. From the options tab you have control over that - simply check off the checkmark located on the upper right-hand side and that question will not be required in order to fulfill the questionnaire
- Mark a question as required: Just as you can do from the Create tab, you can also mark a question as a mandatory one in the sequence of your questionnaire from the Options Tab as well:
- Hide a question's title: You can also choose to hide the title of your question in the questionnaire which will make it invisible to the respondents. You can do that by checking off the checkmark in this field under Other options:
- Create a copy of a question: if you need a completely identical question to be added as a new one in your questionnaire form, you now have the ability to do that with a single click on the Duplicate button located on the right side of the required field:
Once you are ready with the creation step and have applied the logic to the sequence of the questions, you need to connect your questionnaire to a Template in Partner Tools.
Here is our article which will help you with guidance on connecting a DOCX template with your questionnaire.
In case you work with a JSON template instead, click here for a guide on the needed for the connection setup.
The Template you connect to a questionnaire will include the text input you add combined with data input extracted from the respondents' answers to your questions. The final result is a document that the respondent will then be able to download as a result of completing the questionnaire form.
If you still need additional information or assistance, reach out to us at any time via our Online Support Chat or by sending us an email.