Empower your clients with client-facing document automation
We have designed an intuitive and easy-to-use document automation solution. Customize and white-label to create your own universe for contract generation, easy drafting, or even individual mass arbitration.
Our drafter is a questionnaire you can use on your own in Partner Tools. Your clients answer questions, and legal documents are generated based on their answers.
When you have access to the portal, you can log in to Partner Tools admin panel and use its interface to create a new user for your team, a new questionnaire, or a category. Moreover, you can use the admin panel to manage users, categories, and your general drafter questionnaire settings.
In this article, we will guide you through the creation process of a Drafter questionnaire.
If you want to learn more about Contractbook Drafter questionnaires and how it works, click here.
How do I log in to Partner Tools?
- You can log in to Partner Tools via this link
- Type in your email address and the password associated with your account. If you are in doubt about your login credentials, ask your implementation specialist about that.
- You will now enter the landing page of Partner Tools Admin Panel - the environment we have designed for you specifically for the creation of your own questionnaires.
How do I create a new questionnaire?
- Click on the blue button called New questionnaire, which is located under the Company questionnaires section of the landing page, following right after Users
- In the pop-up window you can set up the following details of your new questionnaire:
- Start with typing in the title which will for example describe shortly the essence of the questionnaire
- Select a language from the drop-down list (English, Danish or Norwegian) for the questions which you want to include
- Select whether the questionnaire should be with Public or Private visibility rule.
- Click on the blue button called Create to confirm the settings. This will automatically lead you to a new page where you will be able to start creating your new questionnaire from scratch. There will be two different tabs on that page: Questionnaire and Templates.
The following steps in this article can be executed under the Questionnaire tab:
NOTE: If you want to get access to the preview function of the questionnaire which allows you to see how it will look like for an end-user who will fill it in, just click on the small eye icon located on the right-hand side of the screen, under the title of your questionnaire.
From the page you will be redirected to, you will be able to test the questionnaire by filling in its fields:
- To start the creation process, you first need to create a new page. In order to do so, just click on the Questions Page located under Start page on the left-hand side of the screen. Each questions page you will create represents an individual section in the questionnaire. Within the Questions page, you can now add different types of questions (depending on the type of input or selection) and questions groups which allow you to assign multiple questions to a particular group by simple drag and drop. To add any of the above, just click on the Add new button within the questions page you want to include them:
- To achieve the best final result, you can structure your questionnaire by adding all question pages, groups, and individual questions you need to ask the recipient in order to get all the data input needed from them for the final document.
What types of questions can I add?
Once you add a Questions Page, give it a name and Save changes, you can then add a specific type of question that will be included on that page.
The questions are grouped into three main categories for ease of use:
- Short text - Short input answer is required (First Name, Address, Email address, etc.)
- Long text - Long input answer is required (Description, Details, etc.)
- Company search - Allows public search by Company name or ID for Denmark, Sweden, and Norway
- Number - Numeric input question with a number required as an answer. It is also possible to type in the letter "e" when using a Number filled in Partner Tools, because of the exponent notation 1. 3e+6
- Date - A single date can be chosen from a drop-down calendar
- Single choice - A single option can be selected from a multiple-selection list
- Multiple choice - Multiple options can be picked from a multiple-selection list
- Dropdown - A single option can be selected from a drop-down list
- Paragraph - A paragraph of text input answer is required (More details, Explanations, etc.)
- Table - Input an answer in a table format with the possibility of adding extra rows
- Upload - Add up to 5 files of attachments as an input (up to 20MB)
- Questions group - Questions under this group will all be displayed in the same box (Category of questions grouped together for clarity)
The sequence of the questions is adjustable, therefore in case you miss a question or later on decide to change the flow of your questionnaire, this is easily achievable.
Here is an example of a questionnaire (in Preview mode) that includes all described above question types:
How do I control the sequence of the questions in my questionnaires?
You have complete control over the way each individual question will be displayed and the order in which it will be shown. Our experts have made sure to design a simple drag-and-drop interface that gives you the freedom to do those changes with a single click.
Simply pick the question you want to reassign (to a new questions group for instance), then drag and drop it under the correct group. You will notice that the rectangle which surrounds the question will now move a step further under the group you have chosen to place it.
In order to change the location of a particular question in the preexisting sequence, you can use the same rule of dragging and dropping it until the correct location is appointed.
How do I define the landing and final pages of my questionnaire?
The very first step in the configuration process will be to set up the first and last pages of your questionnaire from the Start page window located in the left-hand sidebar.
- Click on the first available option under the Questionnaire tab, called Start page
- In the configuration window which will be located to the right of the screen, you will have the ability to customize the welcome message which will be displayed just before the user starts filling in the questionnaire
The next configuration option will be the success message, which appears once the user provides all questions to your questionnaire and clicks the final "Submit":
Once you have defined the titles and descriptions of both messages, you can also upload a thumbnail image that will be displayed both on the Welcome and Success messages, as the examples below:
Once you are ready with the customizations here, click on the blue button called Save changes which can be found on the upper right-hand side of the screen. This button will be used moving forward to save all the changes and new additions you configure in your questionnaire's setup:
How do I change the default setup of the questions?
Once you have created an individual question or a question group under a specific questions page, you will have the option to control their settings by moving from Create to Options tab associated individually with each question.
How can I use the Options tab for questions in Partner Tools?
The options which can be applied to a question or questions group are optional and allow you the following customizations:
- Add a questions description: a description will be displayed above a question component in the section it belongs to. You can define the description and choose to hide a question title by clicking on the field below, under other options.
- Add a tooltip: in this section, you will be able to embed a youtube or any other external video (by adding its link) to the question you have composed. This will serve as an extra hint to the question, or an additional instruction video that might be helpful to the understanding of its essence
- Check off the required field of the question: by default all the questions you add to your questionnaire will be required. From the options tab you have control over that - simply check off the checkmark located on the upper right-hand side and that question will not be required in order to fulfill the questionnaire
- Mark a question as required: Just as you can do from the Create tab, you can also mark a question as a mandatory one in the sequence of your questionnaire from the Options Tab as well:
- Hide a question's title: You can also choose to hide the title of your question in the questionnaire which will make it invisible to the respondents. You can do that by checking off the checkmark in this field under Other options:
- Create a copy of a question: if you need a completely identical question to be added as a new one in your questionnaire form, you now have the ability to do that with a single click on the Duplicate button located on the right side of the required field:
How can I use the Logic tab for questions in Partner Tools?
Now that you have created the questions which you want to include in your questionnaire, you can customize the logic in which they will be asked to the respondents.
Click on the particular question from the right-hand sidebar under Questionnaire tab and then select the Logic tab which will allow you to apply one of the following logics to it:
Show this question logic:
You can apply this logic to show the question once in the questionnaire flow, based on specific conditions.
Note: The conditions to show questions will always be related to the answers to previous questions. Therefore it is not possible to apply this logic to the first question in the sequence of your questionnaires.
Loop this question logic:
You can apply this type of logic if you want a particular question to be shown multiple times based on different conditions.
Example: Show the question "What is the name of your child?" 3 times if the answer to "How many children do you have?" is 3. This allows you to type in the name of each of your children in the order of the following questions.
Note: You need to have a numeric input question added in the sequence of your questionnaire before the specific question to which you want to apply the condition.
Show and Loop this question logic combinations:
Of course, you can apply the logic to different questions in your questionnaires, and here is an example of using loop this question and show this question, based on the input given on two different previous to the manipulated questions:
What does the logic applied to my questions look like in the final questionnaire?
Once you have added any additional logic conditions to a question, you can go ahead and test the questionnaire flow:
Just click on the small eye icon at the top right-hand side of the page and this will lead you to the Preview page (mode) of your new questionnaire.
This is how the Show this question and Loop this question logic we added in the example videos above will work when being accessed in this mode. This is the way the questionnaire will function at this stage when being entered by any external respondent as well:
Payment and Download page
In addition to the questions page, there are two available varieties of pages you are able to include in your questionnaires: a payment and a download page.
How can I use the payment page in my questionnaire?
In case the document connected to your questionnaire will be available to the user as a paid service, you can easily incorporate a payment page indicating the exact amount which will be required.
From this page, you can customize the price which must be paid to access the entire document, and subsequently define the exact percentage of it which will be accessible free of charge, in case that is what you want to achieve.
Unlike the questions page, you can only add one payment page for each of your questionnaires.
How can I use the download page?
The last available variety which can be added to your questionnaire is the download page. You will have three possible setting options under this page.
- Download automatically: if you select this option the user will get the documents automatically after submitting the questionnaire. You can choose the document format which will be available for download (.pdf or .doc)
- Download manually: in this scenario, the user will see a separate download page where they can choose a file format before downloading. You cannot select the document format (it will be available as both a .pdf and .doc file). On the other side, you can dictate whether or not the document must be signed in digitally with Contractbook upon download:
- Skip download: in the third case, you can set the link where the user will be redirected instead of downloading the document directly upon completing the questionnaire:
The last option would be beneficial in case payment must be submitted before the document can be accessed by the respondents.
Just like the payment page, you can only add one download page per questionnaire created in Partner Tools.
How can I organize my questionnaires?
You can easily organize all your questionnaires by adding a category to them.
- After you have logged in to your Partner Tools account, you can create a new category from the landing page
- Click on New category located under Company questionnaires section
- Add a name to the category and click Add
- You can now find the questionnaire you want to assign the category to, and click on the small button called Add category, then select the specific category you want to add the questionnaire to from the drop-down list
- Alternatively, you can enter the category and assign a questionnaire to it directly from that page. From the categories page, you can furthermore remove questionnaires from a specific category, assign users, edit the name of the category or delete it entirely:
You are now ready to create your questionnaires.
Once you are ready with the creation stage of your questionnaire and have applied the logic to the sequence of the questions, you need to connect your questionnaire to a Template in Partner Tools.
Here is our article which will help you with the guidance on connecting a DOCX template with your questionnaire.
In case you would like to work with a JSON template instead, click here for a guide on the needed for the connection setup.
The Template you connect to a questionnaire will include the text input you add combined with data input extracted from the respondents' answers to your questions. The final result is a document that the respondent will then be able to download as a result of completing the questionnaire form.
If you still need additional information or assistance, reach out to us at any time via our Online Support Chat or by sending us an email.