How can I use the "send a webhook request" automation action?
- Send a webhook request action allows you to call a URL from any chosen third-party application (service) with a given data payload and additional headers like authorization tokens.
- This allows you to automatically call a third-party application with a specific URL and a data payload of your preference.
- As a trigger event, in this case, you can choose any of the available in the Automation Builder trigger events, such as a contract is fully signed, a draft is created, a draft is updated, a form is completed, a data field date is reached, data field value is updated, etc.
- Webhooks are especially useful for any integration we do not support in-app, and you can customize yourself by integrating your tech stack.
Send a webhook request - configuring the automation action
- You need to start with the URL to call, which can be found in the external application you want to integrate with Contractbook.
- Insert the relevant data in this first field and proceed with the following configuration fields.
- Use the Data payload section of the setup to add the field path and value. This way, you specify the payload which will be sent along with the HTTP request.
Optional configuration steps:
- The final customization in this configuration step will specify headers that should be sent with the HTTP request.
- The default value for the Content-Type header is application/json, but we also support application/x-www-fowm-urlencoded.
- To use it, you have to specify that header explicitly:
- Will always be POST requests.
- Dynamic values from contracts can be sent in the webhook payload.
- HTTP headers can be added as well (for Authorization and Content-Type).
- The default Content-Type is application/JSON. Nevertheless, we also support application/x-www-form-url encoded if that is being specified in the header instead.
Using the activity feed of automation with a webhook trigger
If you check the activity feed of a successfully run automation based on the "Webhook request is received" trigger, you will see the returned data payload - including everything which was filled out as a result of the automation, without any empty fields.
Note: Remember that webhook trigger and action can be combined with any other Automation Builder trigger, such as draft created, draft updated, contract signed, filters, task actions, a completed form, and others.
This allows you to completely customize the workflow you want to achieve and to create even more powerful automations.
If you still need additional information or assistance, reach out to us anytime by contacting our Support Team.