How does the Private Document Version history work?
With the Private Version History, you can allow any external collaborator to exclusively see the document's edits from the moment they receive permission to access the document.
How can I control the document's editorial history when sharing a draft?
You can allow any collaborator to see the complete version history of a draft you have created (own) yourself or have been granted Full Access permission by a third-party.
To allow collaborators to see the Full version history of a draft, simply follow these steps:
- Open the draft and click on the Share button at the top upper righthand side of the screen
- Select the type of permissions you wish to allow your collaborator and turn the "Access to Full version history" toggle on:
How can I control the document's editorial history when sharing a Pending/Signed or Rejected contract?
- Open the Pending/ Signed or Rejected contract that you have created, or to which you have been granted Full access permissions, then click on the Share button at the top upper right hand side of the screen
- If you select View type of permission for your collaborator, you will be able to control the "Access to Full version history" toggle on or off
- If you select the Full access type of permission, the "Access to Full version history" toggle will be set to on by default and cannot be controlled:
Why can I not control the "Access to Full version history" toggle when allowing Full access permission in documents?
If you decide to share a Draft/ Pending/ Signed or Rejected contract with Full access permission, you will automatically grant the visibility of the full document's version history along with that, by default.
You can therefore not control the toggle when selecting this sharing option:
Where can I see who has access to the document's version history?
People can see versions of any Contractbook document from the time they were invited to collaborate on the document. Either the owner or any collaborator with Full access permission can grant access to full version history to external parties by utilizing the sharing document's settings.
To see who has visibility rights over the version history:
- Open the document
- Click on the Share button
- If you have the right permissions, you will instantly gain an overview of all collaborators in the document and their types of permissions
- Click on the type of permission for a specific collaborator and check the "Access to Full version history" toggle status:
How can I control the Private history of documents added to a Shared folder or a Team folder?
Anyone who gets invited to a Shared folder, or belongs to a Team and can therefore access the Team folder, will automatically receive access to see only the edits made to documents within the respective folders after they access it for the first time.
This means that collaborators in Shared folders and Team folders, can see the document version history for all available documents within these folders only from the time they have accessed the document.
They will not be allowed to see any previous changes which are part of the Full document's editorial history.