I have a technical issue with the platform - what to do?
If you experience any technical difficulty using Contractbook or run into an error message that prevents you from using the platform and its features, you can follow the steps below:
Start with performing a Hard Reload:
- Save all unsaved changes in the document you are currently working on
- Hold the following keyboard commands simultaneously:
For Windows, all browsers:
Ctrl + F5
For Mac, all browsers except Safari:
Cmd + Shift + R
For Mac, Safari browser:
Opt + Cmd + E
Cmd + R
- Take notice if the page reloads as a result
- If the issue you experience is fixed with a Hard reload, it is a local issue and not related to our platform
Next step - Log out and Incognito window access:
If the Hard reload did not help, you can now try to:
- Log out of Contractbook and log in to your account again
- Log in to Contractbook from a new Incognito window
- Go to the page/document that provoked your issue and notice if it works as intended now
Final Step - Console report:
If the problem you are experiencing is not fixed with any of the previous steps, you can submit a report to our Support Team for further investigation.
We need data from what is called the "Developer tools" - here is how to fetch it:
- Navigate to the specific page on which you are experiencing the problem (where the error message appears)
- For Mac:
- Press Cmd + Alt + I simultaneously
- For Windows:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + I simultaneously
- This will open the Developer tools either at the bottom or on the right-hand side of your screen
- From here you need to change the default landing tab to the Console tab and save its data as a new file
- How to fetch the needed details from the Console tab?
- You can right-click at any entry within the Console tab and choose to Save as a new file
- After you have saved the Console data as a new file, you can then switch to the tab called Network
- When you open it, the tab will be empty by default
- To access the necessary data, you now have to repeat the action that fails (or returns an error message) while the Network tab is open
- How to fetch the needed details from the Network tab?
- You can right-click at any entry within the Network tab and choose to Save all as a HAR file
- This will essentially discard the traffic log, allowing our technical specialist to see the complete traffic details
- Now you can attach both files to your email or direct message to our Support Team.
If you have been through the recommended steps above, but still experiencing the issue, you can contact our Support Team.
To help you further troubleshoot the issue, please send us the Console and Network tab files you saved, along with more information about the specific issue and the URL of the document which provokes it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.