Why should I use shared folders?
By using shared folders, you can store contracts for usage with all your collaborators.
Sharing contracts this way is safe and increases both transparency and collaboration between you and your teammates.
How to create a shared folder?
- Go to Contracts and then click on Shared folders at the left-hand sidebar
- Now click on the small plus sign to the right of the shared folder's label
- First, give your shared folder a name and click Create to confirm
- Once you have created your first shared folder, you will be able to add subfolders under it by clicking on the three small grey dots to the right of its name
- Choose New subfolder from the drop-down menu and give a name to the new shared subfolder:
- The new subfolder is now accessible under the main shared folder, and you will be able to add additional subfolders under the subfolder
- You can also choose to Rename, Delete, or Move the subfolder under another shared folder you have created:
How to add contracts to a shared folder?
- Once you have created your shared folders, you will be able to add any of your documents to them.
- Locate the contract you want to add to a shared with others folder and click on the three small grey dots on the right-hand side.
- Then choose the last option from the drop-down menu: Add to a shared folder:
Note: The original contract will always remain available under your Contracts, which allows you access to it without possible changes made by your collaborators in a shared folder.
This means that by adding a contract to one of your shared folders, you will duplicate and not move it.
How can I add a template to a shared folder?
- You can choose to move a template to one of your private folders under the Templates main folder
- Or directly send a template to others
- If you want to share Templates with others in a folder, you can use Spaces, which will allow you to share all your templates with the relevant collaborators effortlessly.
You can learn how to share your folders with others here.