Adding and deactivating team members can be done from the Team tab in the top menu bar and can be performed only by the Team Owner or any of the Team Admins.
How can I add a team member?
- Click on the blue button called Add people located on the top right-hand side of the screen, and choose to Invite a team member from the drop-down menu
- You can invite a single team member in the pop-up window, by inserting their email address and name
- If you click on Add another you will be able to invite multiple members at once:
- Once all members you wish to add are listed, confirm by clicking on Send an invitation
- Once the member accepts your email invitation, their status in the team's overview will change from pending to active.
How can I deactivate a team member?
When deactivating team members, you remove them from your payment plan and their accounts become locked which means they can no longer access their accounts.
If a team member is deactivated (usually relevant in case the person is leaving the company) they will no longer have access to their account but you and the rest of the team who have permission to see their documents will still be allowed to retrieve access to them. This way you will never be put in a position of losing important documents.
How to deactivate a team member?
- Find the team member you want to deactivate under the Team tab in the top menu, click on the three grey dots to the right-hand side of their name, and choose Deactivate member from the drop-down menu:
- The account will now be inaccessible to the user and their name will disappear from the team members list.
- You will find all Deactivated members at the bottom of the Teams page:
How can I access the documents of a deactivated team member?
- The documents of any deactivated account can still be found under the Team folder after the deactivation is completed.
- The team owner, any team admin, and the rest of the team with permission to access the member's documents will be able to View all documents owned by the deactivated user.
- The team can only open these documents, view them, and either save them as .pdf or create a new draft from them.
How can I edit the documents of deactivated members?
- If anyone in the Team needs to make edits to the documents owned by a deactivated member, these documents need to be specifically shared with them in a Shared folder or by direct drafts and contracts share.
- This will allow editorial rights within the documents, and the ability to Move them to private folders and Add them to shared folders.
- You can learn more about the benefits of sharing documents here.
Deactivated members can always be reactivated again if it is necessary.
Below for your convenience is a short video on how to add a new member to your team, followed by deactivating and deleting their account:
If you still need additional information or assistance, reach out to us at any time via our Online Support Chat or by sending us an email.