What is a template?
Templates are reusable contract "sketches" - a single template can be used for the creation of an unlimited amount of contracts. The purpose of using templates is to make it easier and faster for you to create contracts and to avoid the risk of any errors.
- A template may often include Data fields that can be customized in each contract created from it. Data fields allow you to add Automatic Tasks and set up Automated workflows.
- Templates are essential and time-saving for anyone who needs to send out a specific type of contract to different Recipients on an ongoing basis.
- You can create your own dynamic contract templates from scratch, or get access to any of the hundreds of useful Contractbook's premade templates absolutely for free from the Contractbook templates folder under the Templates tab:
In the Templates tab, we also present you the functionality to upload your own templates via Contractbook's Template generator.
- Upload and auto-generate pre-existing templates to your Contractbook account by using a simple questionnaire.
- Receive a dynamic data-rich version of your own template up to 48 hours after your submission.
What is a draft?
- You can create your own draft from scratch or pick a specific template as your starting point.
- As a suggested time-saving workflow, we recommend that you always use a Template, Save it as a draft, and only then turn it into a contract by initiating the signature process.
- Save time by reusing Templates for all your company's agreements.
How can I use the same drafts with my teammates?
- You can use drafts together with others by sharing them. You will be able to manage all editing and managerial permissions of the draft's collaborators.
- Sharing a draft is especially useful if you need a lawyer or a colleague to approve or edit your draft before you sign and send it. You can also use that feature if you want to collect personal data from the recipients in Data fields they can customize on their own.
- Drafts can also be added to Shared folders, in case you need to allow collaboration for multiple people in many contract drafts.
If you still need additional information or assistance, reach out to us at any time by contacting our Support Team.