Contractbook in-app automation builder offers you a variety of automation workflows and native integrations with your tech stack that you can use to empower your contract management without the need for developers.
This powerful feature allows you to create centralized, automated workflows without coding.
In this article, you can learn the following:
- Plans including automations
- How to access the automation builder
- Which basic workflows can you automate
- Example use cases you can automate
- Building automations directly in documents
- Fixing issues with your automations
Which plan do I need to build my automations?
How can I access the automation builder?
- Click on Automations from the top menu and open My automations page from the left-hand side.
- You can then choose to Create new from the upper right-hand corner of the page:
- If you have multiple different automations and experience difficulties allocating them, you can sort them by alphabetic order or creation date.
- This is the perfect solution for a large number of automations and can solve any difficulties navigating around a long list of different automated configurations:
Which basic workflows can I automate in the automation builder?
Here are some of the workflows you can automate instead of doing manually:
- Automate all team contracts' expiry reminders
- Approval task automation
- Reminders automation
- Review task automation
- Custom task automation
- Flow of tasks automation
- Create a draft automation
- Move to a private folder automation
- Add to a shared folder automation
- Share document automation
- Create new drafts automatically upon form completion
- Trigger automation when a task is done
- Trigger automations when a task due date is reached
- Trigger automation when a document is sent for signature
- Trigger automation when a pending contract is opened
- Trigger automations when a data field date is reached
- Trigger automation when data fields are updated
- Trigger automations when a form is completed
- Pre-fill and send a form automatically
- Upload all your legacy contracts automatically and enrich them with data
- Create or update data and metadata fields automatically
- Use party and signee variables in your automations
- Transform data and use it for dynamic calculations automatically
What else can I do with automations?
All automations allow you full customization by configuring their steps.
- For example, you can automatically add all your signed sales agreements to a shared folder and assign a reminder for a renewal task one year from the contract's signature.
- Or add a custom task to a signed contract's expiration date data field, automatically adding the document to an archive shared folder once the expiry date is reached.
- You can use logic in your automation, which helps you start the next action step only if certain conditions meet your criteria.
- Including transform data action across your automation will allow you to change the default formatting of any variable or perform spreadsheet-type calculations.
- Automating your workflows helps you solve all the manual work from start to end without missing important deadlines.
- Automated tasks and reminders added to your contracts can guarantee that you are always ahead of the curve.
- You can integrate Contractbook with the rest of your tech stack and use powerful in-app automations based on these integrations.
- Use webhooks for in-app automations with any third-party tool.
Is there a way to build automation directly in my documents?
- We have included an automations dashboard view on a document level to ease the automation process.
- Just open a draft, template, pending, or signed contract, click on automations in the right-hand sidebar, and you will view any already applied automated workflows or quickly build one of the recommended ones.
- Simply click on the suggested workflow from the list of shortcuts and start customizing the premade automation template until it fits your use case:
- You can also automatically add all drafts created from specific templates to a shared folder by using the "settings" section of your private and shared-in-spaces templates.
What can I do if my automation fails?
If you need additional information or assistance with your automation, reach out to us anytime by contacting our Support Team.