What happens to the collaborators on a shared draft when I send it for signatures?
When a shared draft is sent for signatures, all collaborators with Edit and Fill permissions will now have View permissions, while the accounts with Full access will preserve the same rights:
What can I do with each type of permission?
All collaborators who had full access to the shared draft will be able to share and fully manage the document once it is turned into a contract.
This enables them to:
- Edit a pending contract and resend it
- Share the contract further with any additional collaborator
- Change the type of permissions for the collaborators who have already been granted access rights
- "Remove for me" - this option simply removes the collaborator from that shared document, therefore it disappears from the documents overview. The owner of the document will then be able to see that the collaborator has been removed from the list of collaborators
- Move the contract to a private folder
- Add it to a shared folder
- Delete a Pending contract that has not been signed by all Signees yet:
Note: Collaborators with Full access will not be allowed to change and remove their own permissions in the contract. They are also not allowed to remove or do any changes to the permissions of the shared draft's creator.
- Add the contract to a shared folder
- Move to a private folder
- Download as a .pdf
- Save as a new draft
- Add a task to the contract
- Remove the contract from their documents' overview
If you want to learn more about sharing contracts sent for signature (Pending contracts), click here.