How to automatically create a new hire in Humaans once an employment contract in Contractbook is fully signed?
- There are many examples of possible ways of using the integration between Humaans and Contractbook.
- For instance, the completion of a new hire questionnaire will trigger the creation of an employment contract in Contractbook and send a Slack message to notify relevant stakeholders about it.
- As an example within this article, we will configure the automatic creation of a new hire under the People tab in Humaans, including all the details filled in the editable fields of the fully signed in Contractbook employment agreement. The event that will trigger this automated workflow is the complete signature of the employment contract by all relevant parties.
Here is a short video tutorial on the automation setup, and a step-by-step guide follows right after:
How to set up custom automation based on Contractbook x Humaans integration?
- To begin with, you need to activate and configure the connection between Contractbook and Humaans.
- First, log in to your Humaans workspace and click on Integrations from the left-hand sidebar:
- In the list displayed to the right of the screen, you can easily locate Contractbook.
- Click on Connect button and then follow the instructions.
From the new pop-up window, click on Configuration and then follow the instructions:
Copy the Callback URL provided in the configuration window as shown below:
And use it to create a new API key from your Contractbook account under Contractbook's API:
Read our article on autogenerating API keys here if you need more details.
- Add the generated API key.
Lastly, copy the API key you just created under your Contractbook's API and paste it back in Humaans under the API Key input field in the Configuration window:
Once the above steps are completed, you will have enabled the integration between Humaans and our app and will be able to define the needed details of the automation setup by clicking on Configure from the Integrations view:
- Configure which Contractbook templates should be used to sync the documents
From the Configuration window, under Templates, you have to toggle on the specific Employment agreement template that you want to use for the automation setup.
Click here to find more details about the needed template configuration from your Humaans account.
In our demonstration, we will select "Contractbook Student Assistant Agreement" from the list under My templates:
- After you choose the relevant template, you can then configure the document type, enable or disable the creation of a new hire, and select which exact editable fields from the body of the signed document will be imported into Humaans.
- All required fields will be automatically recognized and you will have the option of completely customizing the data mapping of each variable.
Just click on Configure, and a new pop-up window will enable you that customization under Data mapping and Profile fields:
The automated workflow has now been all setup! Below, you can find out how it is going to work.
How can I test the automation?
For the test to be performed, you need to log in to your Contractbook account and find the template that you have chosen in the automation configuration performed via Humaans from the steps performed above.
You can locate it under the Templates tab from the top main menu or by searching for its name from any place on the platform by Ctrl+K or Cmd+K.
- Once you have located the template, click on Create a draft directly from the main view of the contracts:
- This will automatically open a new draft based on the template, which you can now use to fill in the relevant test Data fields (the ones you have defined under the configuration step in Humaans).
- You have now moved one step closer to the test to be performed.
- The only thing left is to simulate the complete signature of the agreement by initiating the signature process.
- As soon as both have signed the contract included in the draft Parties, go back to your workspace in Humaans, refresh the page, and check the data available under the People tab -> New hires:
- The details of the second signee you have added as a new test employee will now be automatically populated in a respective view in this window.
- If you click on the new member's name, you will be able to retrieve all the information you selected under the automation configuration - it has now been successfully imported from the signed employee agreement in Contractbook to your Humaans HR system:
Now that you have tested the automation workflow, you can start using it actively and save time by automatically importing documents based on employees' work email and permanently reducing manual work by keeping Contractbook documents in sync with Humaans at all times.
If you still need additional information or assistance, reach out to us at any time by contacting our Support Team.