How to define the recipients of my contract?
In order to be able to choose one of the alternatives you need to be in Create mode or have the Full-text editing toggled on at the top navigation bar of the draft:
Here is the overview of the three available at the beginning of your contract creation process signing parties:
Me and others
Me and others is going to be selected by default and you have to use this option if you are signing a contract together with external parties. To proceed successfully with this signing alternative:
- Leave Me and others selected.
- Add your own information to the parties field which is located furthest to the left if it is not already automatically fetched from your Profile Settings.
- Add the additional Parties' details in the remaining to the right fields if it is not already automatically fetched from your Profile Settings - Contacts.
- When the body of your contract is ready and you have filled in the Signature fields scroll down to the bottom and press Sign and Send.
The second available at the top of your drafts signing alternative Only others allows you to prepare a contract for external parties that you are not going to sign yourself.
- Select Only others at the top of your draft under "Who will sign the contract".
- Add the signing parties' details in the Parties section. By default, the signing party added furthest to the left will be the first one who will then have to sign the contract.
- Once the body of your contract is finished and the signature fields are filled in as well scroll down to the bottom of the document and press Send for signatures.
- You can now choose if you want to keep your permission to view the contract after it is signed:
If you choose Yes, the contract will be stored on your profile and on the profiles of all added by you Signees.
If you choose No, the contract will not be stored on your profile, only on the profiles of the Signees.
Hint: External parties can always see that you are the one who has prepared the contract in the Document history and Details.
Are you preparing a contract that will involve only you as a Signee? Then follow the steps below:
- Select Only me at the top of your draft under "Who will sign the contract".
- Fill in your personal/company details in the Parties field.
- When the body of the contract is ready for signature and the signature field is filled in as well, scroll down to the bottom of the contract and press Sign.
If you still need additional information or assistance, reach out to us at any time via our Online Support Chat or by sending us an email.