This article describes the different roles within a Contractbook team. It contains the following topics:
What are the differences between team owner, admin, member, and viewer in a Contractbook team?
The different roles of a Contractbook team are associated with supplemental rights and document access permissions.
The team owner has all the team's managerial rights and is responsible for the subscription with us. Team owners can:
- Build the team.
- Add, deactivate, and delete team members.
- Add and remove team viewers.
- View all team members' documents, such as drafts, contracts, or uploads.
- Cannot view team viewers' and admins' documents in the team folder.
In addition, perform the following actions to all team members' drafts:
- Configure centralized automations that run across all team members' accounts.
- Give members and viewers permission to see other members' documents.
- Access the team folder.
- Review all team members' actions in the activity feed
- Add and change the team logo.
- Reactivate team members' accounts.
- Change team members to guests.
- Confirm and request changes to the payment method (any billing requests can be submitted via this form).
- Request a change of the team's owner.
- Holds responsibility for the team's plan.
- Can only be an owner of one team at a time.
Note: The team members or viewers can only see the team owner's documents by default if the team owner gives them access.
- Can be an admin in multiple teams.
- A team admin can view the documents of team members, other admins (in the same team), and the team owner in the team folder.
- A team admin cannot view the documents of team viewers.
- Nobody in the team can view the admin's documents.
- Team admins can add new team members and viewers, and remove or deactivate them.
- A team can have more than one admin.
- Several team admins would always have the same managerial rights over the team.
- If you need an admin added to your team, you can contact our support team, and we will help you with the configuration.
- Is typically a colleague of the team owner.
- Will automatically be on the same plan as the team owner.
- Does not have any managerial rights in the team.
- Can only view other team members or the owner's documents if granted permission by the team owner.
- Can only be a member of one team at a time.
- Can be deactivated or deleted altogether.
- Can be reverted into a viewer.
- Needs to accept a new invitation to become a member again if once converted into a viewer.
- Is typically external, e.g., an accountant or lawyer who sometimes needs to be able to view documents.
- Does not have any managerial rights in the team and cannot see the team's tab and activity feed.
- Neither the team owner nor team members can see the viewer's documents.
- Can only view team members' or owner's documents if permitted by the team owner.
- The viewer cannot see the team's folder under the documents tab if no permissions are allowed.
- Can join as a viewer in multiple teams.
- Can be a viewer in one and a member, admin, or owner of another team in Contractbook simultaneously.
- Needs to be removed entirely from the team first to be turned into a member.
- Can be a part of the team's automated workflows.
Using teams allows you to safely share your Contractbook plan, automations, and documents with relevant members, increasing transparency and collaboration.
If you need additional information or assistance, please contact us anytime through our Online Support Chat or email.
Please sign in to leave a comment.