Using “Share document” automation as the document owner
With the help of Contractbook automation builder, the owner of a document can now configure automations without the need for management of the documents that are created as a result of running those automations. He/She can now allow external collaborators to have managerial control over these documents instead.
From now on, in order to achieve the above, it is possible to allow Full access permission when using the “Share document” action in all in-app automations. This gives you the opportunity to set up fully centralized automations.
Using “Share document” or “Add to shared folder” automations as the Team Owner
Team Owners can now create automations with “Add document to shared folder” and “Share document” actions in the Automation Builder, which will run across all team members’ accounts. There is no need for setting up multiple automations from the same type on each individual account anymore.
Choose to create centralized automation running from the Team Owner’s account to sync all teammates' documents in a unified automatic workflow and save time.
This allows the creation of centralized automations only on the team owner’s account, which work successfully across the documents of all team members.
Examples of centralized by the Team Owner automations:
Here are just some example use cases that will be solved with the new ability for team owners to set up automated workflows running across all team members’ documents:
- When a new Draft is created (for example - from a template shared with the entire team, or a global template - any template from the Contractbook library, but can also be applied to all new drafts), it can be automatically added to a specific shared folder to which all stakeholders and collaborators have access. In these cases, each time any of the team members creates a new draft from the selected template, the automation will be triggered:
- When a Draft created from a shared within the team template is sent for signatures, the Team owner can choose to Share the document with any external group of collaborators involved in the pre-signature process:
- When a Deal stage in HubSpot is changed by anyone and not only the Team Owner who has configured the automation, a new draft in Contractbook will be automatically created and then Added to a shared folder.
- When an Opportunity stage in Salesforce is changed by anyone, then Create a new draft and Share it with the correct collaborators by allowing them any of the access permission levels. (Read more about the different types of permissions that can be granted in a draft here).
- When a new contract draft is created by any of the Team members, it will automatically be shared with their manager for review. Allowing the manager Full access permissions in the contract draft will happen automatically and enable editing of the document and further sending it for signatures. Here is a short video showing the automation setup at the team owner’s profile and the action being triggered by one of the team members. The result is sharing the draft with the chosen by the Team Owner manager and granting the correct level of permissions defined in the Automation Builder under “Share a document” configuration:
Note: In order to be allowed to use the use case for “Share a document” automation, you need Full access to the document, or must be the Team Owner in order to share. If you do not have the necessary permissions, the automation will fail.
Read more about all requirements for the centralized automations’ creation from the Team Owner’s account here.
Can Team Admins create centralized automations on their accounts?
It is not possible to create centralized automation from the Team Admin's account. This ability is only available for Team Owners.
Can the documents of deactivated members be used in automations configured by the Team Owner?
If you want to know more about setting up centralized automations and the different ways you can achieve that, click here.