When you create a new contract on Contractbook, the default setting is that you sign with an SMS code (SMS verification signature type) and that you, as the sender sign the contract first. Once you have signed the contract, it is automatically sent to the next recipient you have added to the signee sequence.
- You can change all default settings by adding the signature type you want to use instead and removing yourself from the list of signees by adjusting the "Who will sign the contract" section.
- If you are happy with this default workflow, scroll down to the bottom of the contract and press Sign and send:
- An SMS code will be sent to you. The code you receive via SMS must now be inserted into the verification field, and when you press Verify & sign, the contract is signed and sent to the next recipient.
- If the phone number you have initially typed in is incorrect, you will be allowed to change it before verifying your signature:
Once everything is in order, lean back and wait for the recipients to sign. If they need help, you can send them this article: receiving and signing a contract.
My recipients cannot sign with SMS verification - what can I do?
- If the SMS verification signature does not work for your recipients, you can still edit the signing method after the contract has been sent. To do that, you need to Edit and Resend the pending contract.
- Alternatively, to avoid such situations, you can enable several different types of signatures on your contracts and let the recipients choose one.
If you still need additional information or assistance, reach out to us at any time by contacting our Support Team.
Please sign in to leave a comment.