I need to fill in contract data before signing - how can I do that?
If you need to add any variables, such as contact details, dates, account numbers, social security numbers, or any other contract data before signing an agreement you have received, you need to be given shared access to the contract draft by its sender.
- When you receive the shared draft, you will be notified about this via email:
- If you already have an account with us, you will also receive an in-app notification about the new shared with you draft:
- If you have not used Contractbook, you can create a freemium account with us. You can read more about signing a contract for the first time here.
How can I fill in data fields in a draft shared with me?
- You can access the contract draft by clicking on view draft in the email or by clicking on the new notification pushed in-app
- To start filling in the details required from you, activate the create or full-text editing mode in the editor
- You can start filling in the details in all data fields available in the body of the contract draft and remember to save changes
- To fill in the value of a data field, you only need to click on it, delete the placeholder value, and directly replace it with your input
- Click on the tab keyboard command, and this will send you automatically to the next available in the contract draft data field you must fill out:
- In addition, you can add comments and make suggestions to inform the Sender about any further changes you need to get approved
- Once you have filled in all details, you can click on Sign (if you are the only signee and you have full access permission in the draft) or Sign and Send (if there are more signees and you are given the additional permission to send for signatures)
- If you are not allowed to send the draft for signatures on your behalf, you can Save the changes with all data field values you have typed in, allowing the sender to send it for signatures.
- The Sender will be able to review all changes and data inputs you have made before sending for signatures.
- After the contract is ready and sent back to you for a signature, you can sign it.
- Click here for more details about completing this step, or here if you are using Contractbook for the first time.
- As a Recipient, you can store all your signed contracts in Contractbook for free and add tasks manually or automatically based on auto-detected dates.
Why am I not allowed to edit data fields and metadata fields in a contract?
Everyone can see data fields irrespective of the access level they are enabled in a shared draft.
- You can edit data fields in a shared draft only with one of the following permissions:
- Full access
- Edit document
- Fill Document
- You would not have this ability if you were given view and comment on document permission. In this case, you can request higher rights from the draft owner.
- Metadata fields can be seen and edited only by internal company users
- You can see metadata fields in a shared with you draft only with a granted full access permission
If you still need additional information or assistance, reach out to us at any time by contacting our Support Team.