Can I set reminders on my contracts automatically?
Our Smart Reader can detect all dates in your signed contracts and make automated suggestions for reminder tasks in each of these documents:
- If there are any dates in your signed contract, they will be auto-detected and listed in the right-hand sidebar of the document:
How can I add a reminder based on the auto-detected dates in my contract?
- To continue setting up a new task for an autodetected date, you can simply click on Set Reminders and choose the date you wish to add a task for.
- You can select one of the following types of tasks: Milestone, Obligation, Renewal, or Expiration.
- With our Smart Reader, it is easy to stay ahead of your upcoming tasks and organize a seamless reminders flow in which your deadlines are always met.
In addition to this functionality, you can rely on automatic date extraction for all your uploaded documents and attachments within contracts. Use the detected dates for Tasks and Reminders automations.
How can I use the Date Extraction in my documents' attachments?
- Send the draft for signatures to others or simply sign it yourself which will turn it into a Pending contract
- The Smart scanning technology (OCR) will be now used to scan your attachments:
- Once the OCR has finished scanning the attachment, you will automatically get date extraction and automated reminder suggestions
- Click on the Review button under the "Dates found in uploaded attachments" auto-message field
- All auto-detected dates will be listed under the Attachment suggested dates in the Tasks sidebar at the righthand part of the document
- Choose the date you want to set a reminder for and pick the type of task you need to automate for it
- You will get an overview of suggested tasks and the ability to set up the relevant reminders for each of them
Does the Date extraction feature work in Drafts and Templates?
The feature will only work for Attachments uploaded to the body of your contracts, not in drafts and templates.
You will naturally start the contract creation process from the draft stage and upload the files under Attachments in this document state. The auto-detected dates within these Attachments will then be fetched and suggested for Reminders configuration, once the OCR has finished scanning the attachments after sending or signing the contract.
Does the Date Extraction in my Attachments work for dates in the past?
Only upcoming Dates will be auto-detected and suggested to be used for your future contract Reminders configuration.
Can I use the Date Extraction feature in other parts of Contractbook?
Automatic Date Extraction is also available in all Uploaded Documents and native Contractbook contracts. With the addition of this powerful tool to your contracts' attachments, you can make sure to meet all important deadlines that would require reminders/task assignments, even if they are located in attached files with external origin.
You can also choose to migrate all your legacy contracts to Contractbook in a bulk - click here to learn more.
Who else can see and use the Attachment suggested dates in my documents?
The tooltip with the Review button which links to the list of suggested dates will be displayed only to the person who uploaded the attachments.
And all extracted dates in the sidebar Task view will be visible to everybody who have access to the document.
Can all document collaborators I invite also see and use the Attachment suggested dates?
All collaborators who have access to the document will see the "Attachment suggested dates", regardless of how they got access to the document.
- Collaborators in Shared folder
- Collaborators in drafts and contracts with all permission levels
- Teammates in Team Folders
- Contract Recipients when sending the document for signatures
If you still need additional information or assistance, reach out to us at any time by contacting our Support Team.