This article will show you how to automatically move documents to an existing private folder or create a new folder.
It contains the following topics:
- Video tutorial
- Configuring the automation trigger
- Configuring the automation action
- Creating a new private folder in the automation builder
- Renaming the automation
- Making changes to a published automation
- Deleting an automation action
- Using the automation activity feed
- Testing the published automation
- Fixing a failed automation
How to automatically move a contract draft to a private folder?
Here is a short video tutorial on the automation setup:
Click on Automations tab from the main menu and then on the blue button Create new at the upper right-hand corner.
How can I configure the trigger event?
- You will be redirected to a pop-up window where you can customize the automation's setup.
- To begin with, select the Draft is created trigger from the drop-down menu.
- This will automatically open a configuration window to the right in which you can define which contract draft should start the automation.
- You can assign the trigger to every draft you create or only one from a specific template.
- We will use Every draft from a specific template for our automation flow.
- If you selected the second option, as we did, you could use the search bar to find the template you want to base the automation flow.
- If you have several templates sharing the same name, click the small eye icon to open it directly for review.
- After choosing the correct template, confirm by clicking Save, and the next step in the automation setup will be displayed.
How can I configure the action event?
- This step covers the action the automation trigger you have defined will generate.
- You can use the search bar to locate the option Move to a private folder.
- A new configuration window will appear on the right side of the screen.
- The first detail in the automation configuration's action step is the template's Document ID, which will be used to execute the automation.
- It will be automatically fetched and available under the respective required field under the Move to a private folder window:
- Here you can select the private folder you wish all drafted contracts to be automatically moved to post-creation.
- You can choose from the list of all your private folders and subfolders.
- Or use a variable (party, signee, document owner detail, data, or metadata fields) to find or create a new private folder.
- Insert a variable to create a folder when the automation runs. If a folder with this title already exists, the document will be stored there:
- Once you have that step done, click Save to confirm the automation configuration and then Publish in the upper right-hand corner to set it into use.
Can I create new private folders in the automation builder?
Yes! You can also create a new folder and use it for the automation instead of selecting any existing folders you already have.
- The best part is searching by variables (data and metadata fields, owner, signee, or party details from the selected document) or manually inserting text to find or create a private folder you want to use.
- If a shared folder with this title does not exist, it will be created automatically and used to move your document after the automation runs.
You can specify the location of the private folder by adding it under another main folder from your existing structure. This can also be done by selecting a variable or using a text input:
How can I rename the automation?
- You can always rename the automation and its steps as you find fit by clicking on the small pen icon next to the generic title in the upper left-hand corner.
- In the example we are working with, let us call it "Vendor contracts - ready for review":
How can I make changes to published automation?
- Note: If you need to make any changes to the automation at one point, remember to unpublish it first, then make the necessary edits and click again on Publish to put the flow into practice.
- You can control that by turning the Status toggle bar on or off:
How can I delete action in the Automation Builder?
- At the bottom of each action configuration window, you have the option to delete only this specific action and not the complete automation:
How can I use the Activity feed of my automation?
- If you click on the three grey dots next to the status toggle bar, you can open, rename, delete, or see the activity feed of the automation.
- Remember that the automation must be active (published) for the activities to be available and inactive to be deleted.
- In the activity sidebar, you can see all the details of when the automation was used and the steps taken before it was triggered.
- Click the small arrow next to the date and time to expand the details.
- You can also click on the folder and draft, which will automatically open them:
- In addition, you will always be notified in-app in the Notifications at the top navigation bar as soon as any of your automation flows has been executed:
❗️Important: You can adjust your account's email and in-app notifications under Profile Settings.
How can I test Contractbook move to private folder automation?
- Create a new draft from the template you used in the automation, which is also the trigger event in the setup.
- When the draft is created, go to your documents overview and check the notifications under your account.
- The automation status will be listed there as either successful or failed.
How can I fix a failed automation?
- In case the automation has failed, you can access the detailed view by clicking on the failed notification in the list under your profile notifications:
- In this view, you can identify the reason for the failure by expanding the failure to run details.
- You can then use the information found here to change the automation from the configuration settings.
- If the automation has run successfully, you can find the new draft in the private folder you used in the second configuration step.
Now that you have tested the automation workflow, you can use it to save time, reduce errors and scale your business by automatically organizing your legal documents in the relevant folders.
You can get assistance anytime by contacting our Support Team if you need additional information.
Please sign in to leave a comment.