This article will show you how to use the benefits of the AI import feature to upload and unlock the real contract value of your legacy contracts.
It contains the following topics:
- Functionalities of the AI import feature
- Quick demo of the AI import
- Benefits of the AI import
- Types of files you can import with the AI import feature
- AI import feature - usage
- Contract types in the AI import
- The process of uploading contracts with the AI import feature
- Imported data fields' details
- Adding the AI-imported dates to your contract view
- The way uploaded with the AI import files are organized
- The AI import in my private folders
- Using the AI import feature in my automations
- Renaming contracts uploaded with AI Import
- Editing the parties of my imported contracts
What can I use the AI import for?
AI Import lets you import your existing PDF contracts to Contractbook the smart way. It automatically extracts key data from your contracts and lets you schedule reminders based on the most important deadlines. You can centralize all your contracts and enrich them with data.
Unleash AI Import to tackle old contract chaos and enter the new era.
Imagine this: You have a stack of contracts piled high on your local drive and inbox, waiting to be processed (not). Now, instead of spending countless hours sifting through them and updating a spreadsheet, AI Import does the heavy lifting for you in a few clicks.
Simply drag and drop, and it’ll scan and extract the important data in your legacy contracts. No human handling, no human error.
What are the allowed file formats and sizes for the AI import?
How can I import my legacy contracts with the AI import?
- In Contractbook, navigate to your Home page or Contracts page and select Import with AI ✨
- To get good results, we ask you to upload contract types separately per import.
- Select a contract type to import from the list of presets (Sales and vendor contracts, Employment contracts, Lease contracts, NDAs, DPAs).
- Depending on the contract type you select, our AI will search for relevant data fields in your contracts. You can view these data fields on the right-hand side of the modal.
- Drag & drop your contracts into the import window.
- Users of our Legacy Foundation and Free plans now have a limited version of 15 uploads, with an option to upgrade for unlimited access.
- For Foundation, Growth & Enterprise plans, the limit is 200 files per upload.
- Click “Start import” to kick off the import process.
- The import will take a few minutes, depending on how many contracts you import.
- Once the status is "Importing... (33%)," you can safely close the browser. We will notify you via email when the import is completed:
- When the import is completed, you can see your contracts and all extracted data fields in a dedicated Import view in your Contracts tab.
- You can sort the contracts by columns or add more advanced filters to the import view.
- Your documents will initially be stored in My Contracts.
- You can select contracts in your import view in bulk to move them to private folders or add them to shared folders.
- Hover over the extracted date fields to create reminder tasks with just two clicks.
Congrats! You have imported your contracts and now have a working database of contract data to generate insight and action.
Types of contracts I can import with AI
You can easily import your legacy contracts in bulk. Here is how you can use the new AI import:
- Go to the contracts page of your account.
- Click on the "Import with AI" button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select the type of contracts you want to import:
- Vendor or Sales contracts:
- Employment contracts: Agreements with employees and freelancers.
- You will get AI-generated explanations for every data field extracted by your AI Import directly in the contract sidebar.
- Data field explanations will help you verify all AI-extracted data fields with ease.
- These new tooltips will quickly verify extracted data by pointing you to the right part of the imported contract or explaining how any given field was created:
- You can now verify your imported contracts and their AI-extracted data fields one by one or in bulk.
- You can select multiple contracts at once and perform actions to the whole selection in bulk, such as you can do in every other contract view in your account.
- Especially after using AI Import, you might want to create tasks based on extracted data fields in bulk or move contracts to shared folders.
How can I dismiss the Import view?
- You can dismiss each import view in the sidebar by hovering on the view and clicking the “X” button.
- By dismissing the import, you will not see it in the contract view sidebar anymore.
- All imported with the AI feature contracts will still be available directly in your private contracts view:
You can base the trigger of your automations on any of the contracts imported to your account with the AI import feature:
- Read more about the workflows you can automate completely in our in-app automation builder here.
Can I edit the title of contracts imported with the AI import?
- Yes. You can edit the title of imported contracts simply by opening the contract and clicking on the title on top of the contract body.
Can I edit the parties of the imported with the AI contracts?
- Yes. If you open the contract and click on the parties in the contract's sidebar, you can delete or edit the generated by the AI parties:
If you still need additional information or assistance, reach out to us at any time by contacting our Support Team.