This article will show you how to use the benefits of the AI import feature to upload and unlock the real contract value of your legacy contracts.
It contains the following topics:
- Functionalities of the AI import feature
- Benefits of the AI import
- Types of files you can import with the AI import feature
- AI import feature - usage
- Contract types in the AI import
- The process of uploading contracts with the AI import feature
- The way uploaded with the AI import files are organized
- The AI import in my private folders
- Using the AI import feature in my automations
- Renaming the uploaded with the AI import feature documents
What can I use the AI import for?
AI Import lets you import your existing PDF contracts to Contractbook the smart way. It automatically extracts key data from your contracts and lets you schedule reminders based on the most important deadlines.
Unleash AI Import to tackle old contract chaos and enter the new era.
Imagine this: You have a stack of contracts piled high on your local drive and inbox, waiting to be processed (not). Now, instead of spending countless hours sifting through them and updating a spreadsheet, AI Import does the heavy lifting for you in a few clicks.
Simply drag and drop, and it’ll scan and extract the important data in your legacy contracts. No human handling, no human error.
What are the allowed file formats and sizes for the AI import?
- You can drag-and-drop or select PDF, DOC, DOCX, PNG, or JPG files smaller than 5MB.
- You can add up to 10 files at once per single upload.
How can I import my legacy contracts with the AI import?
- In Contractbook, navigate to your Home page or Contracts page and select Import with AI ✨
- To get good results, upload only one contract type per import.
- Select a contract type to import from the list of presets (Sales & Vendor contracts, Employment contracts, Lease contracts, NDAs, DPAs). You can see the data fields that AI will search for in each contract type.
- Drag & drop your contracts into the import window. We currently allow files up to 10MB in size and up to 50 files per import batch.
- Click “Start import” to kick off the import process.
- You can follow the status of the import modal in the top navigation bar.
- The import will take a few minutes, depending on the amount of contracts you import.
- You will be notified both in-app and via email when the import is completed.
- When the import is completed, you can see your contracts and all extracted data fields in a dedicated view in your Contracts tab.
- You can sort the contracts by columns or add more advanced filters to the import view.
- Your documents will initially be stored in My Contracts.
- You can select contracts in your import view in bulk to move them to private or shared folders.
- Hover on date fields to create reminder tasks with just two clicks.
Congrats! You have imported your contracts and now have a working database of contract data to generate insight and action.
Types of contracts I can import with AI
You can easily import your legacy contracts in bulk. Here is how you can use the new AI import:
- Go to the contracts page of your account.
- Click on the "Import with AI" button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select the type of contracts you want to import:
- Vendor contracts: Commercial agreements with vendors to purchase products and services. Example contracts: Order form, Lease agreement, Subscription agreement.
- Sales contracts: Commercial agreements with customers.
- Employment contracts: Agreements with employees and freelancers.
- Compliance contracts: Agreements with customers to ensure compliance. Example contracts: Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), Data Processing Agreement (DPA).
Each type of contract is linked to a specific list of data fields, which will be automatically extracted from the uploaded files with the power of our AI:
- All data fields with a value will be fetched from the uploaded contract and added to the document list page's columns.
- This ensures nicely structured contract data that can be filtered, sorted, and customized by adding new columns to the document list tabular overview.
- Read more about the document list page and its powerful usage here.
How do I know that my contracts are imported?
Once you follow the initial steps of upload, you will receive in-app notifications about the status of all imported files:
At the same time, you will receive a new email notification about the imported batch of contracts.
Where can I find the contracts I uploaded with the AI import?
- Once the contracts you have selected are fully loaded, you will receive a notification for the completed import.
- You can find the pack of uploaded files under the documents page -> imports section of the sidebar:
- All imported documents will be nicely organized, given the date and time of the import.
- If you import several times during one day, you will see each batch of contracts under its own "imports" view in the sidebar - you can see the exact time and use that as a differentiator:
- All document lists under "imports" in the sidebar will be sorted by date of the import - starting with the most recent and proceeding with the next ones beneath:
Once you open the import view from the sidebar, you will find the tabular overview with all the default contract list page's columns and the relevant extracted data fields.
- Each contract will have shortcut options, enabling you to perform actions or enrich them with custom tasks quickly:
- You can select multiple contracts at once and perform several actions to the whole selection, such as you can do in every other document list page under your account:
- From this section, you can customize the contract view page entirely by hiding and moving its columns or adding new contract attributes to the table:
Are the documents uploaded with the AI import available in my private documents?
- Yes. Each batch uploaded with the AI import files will be automatically added to a private folder named after the import for this specific date.
These folders are under "My documents" and managed as any other private folder you created yourself.
- You can add subfolders:
- Rename the folder (changing the default name to something more evident):
- Delete the folder - this will still keep the main import folder in the sidebar (under "imports") and all imported contracts within intact:
Can I use the AI import together with my teammates?
Uploading legacy contracts with the AI import feature can be used privately and will result in the account's private folders' storage.
Can I use the imported contracts in my automations?
You can use any of the private folders created after utilizing the AI import feature in any of your automations.
- Select the "move to folder" automation action and customize the setup as it fits you best.
- Additionally, you can base the trigger of your automations on any of the contracts imported to your account with the AI import feature:
- Read more about the workflows you can automate completely in our in-app automation builder here.
Can I rename the imported with the AI import contracts?
- If you want to change the name of the contract in the app, you need to rename the document before importing it to Contractbook with the AI import feature.
- All uploaded files will remain with the same title after being added to your imports under the contracts page.
- Once uploaded successfully, the contract can no longer be renamed in Contractbook app.
If you still need additional information or assistance, reach out to us at any time by contacting our Support Team.